At Bury Hebrew Congregation we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly. [For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of 2018 our data controller is Stuart Kay email@example.com
Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers.
Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similar to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service. We do not provide information to 3rd parties – EVER! (but see Disclosing your information below)
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information:
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Third Party Links
You may find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access To Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR gave you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee.